The Gamescom 2021 will open its doors on 25 August with the promise to show all the news in video games heading into the final stretch of 2021. However, it seems that the organizers could not wait to get started and have already published the list of nominated for the Gamescom 2021 awards , with the “best” games that will participate in the fair. Obviously, this implies that the list includes some games that have not yet been announced, which makes the situation somewhat… strange?
But don’t get excited, only one unknown game appears on the list , and it’s listed as “undisclosed title”, which translates to “game to be announced” . So, no, Gamescom didn’t miss the name of one of their surprises ahead of time. Back to the subject that concerns us, the list of nominees for the Gamescom Awards 2021 includes names like Elden Ring and Far Cry 6 , as well as Age of Empires 4 , Halo Infinite and a long list of titles in multiple categories.
Gamescom 2020 opening galaSeveral of the winners will be announced during the opening gala of Gamescom 2021 , which will be held this Wednesday 25. The rest will be presented in the following days, with the bulk of the prizes to be distributed between Thursday 26 and Friday 27, and the last awards will be presented on Sunday 29. Back to this mysterious game that has not yet been announced, the organizers include it among the nominees for ‘Best Simulation Game’ .
Can you think of any surprises that fit the profile?Without further ado, we leave you below with the nominees for the Gamescom 2021 awards, where we remember that neither Nintendo nor PlayStation participate in the fair. In this other news you can check the date, times and companies of Gamescom 2021 , a fair that officially begins on Wednesday 25, but will have its first important event tomorrow, with the live broadcast of Xbox . Now, these are the games nominated for the fair’s awards:
Nominees for the Gamescom Awards 2021
These prizes will be awarded during the Gamescom Opening Night Live on August 25:
- Best Xbox Game: Elden Ring (Bandai Namco), Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft), Halo Infinite (Microsoft)
- Best Nintendo Game: Just Dance 2022 (Ubisoft), Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Ubisoft)
- Mejor juego de PC: Age of Empires 4 (Microsoft), Elden Ring (Bandai Namco), Syberia: The World Before (Astragon Entertainment)
- Mejor juego de PlayStation: Elden Ring (Bandai Namco), Tales of Arise (Bandai Namco), The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes (Bandai Namco)
These prizes will be awarded from the Gamescom set between Thursday, August 26 and Friday, August 27:
- Best Action Adventure Game: Elden Ring (Bandai Namco), Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Ubisoft), Syberia: The World Before (Astragon Entertainment)
- Best Action Game: Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft), Halo Infinite (Microsoft), Rainbow Six Extraction (Ubisoft)
- Mejor juego familiar: Just Dance 2022 (Ubisoft), Run Prop, Run! (PlayTogether Studio), Super Dungeon Maker (rokaplay)
- Mejor juego indie: Dorfromantik (Toukana Interactive), Inua (Arte France), Lost in Random (Electronic Arts)
- Best RPG Game: Elden Ring (Bandai Namco), Encased (Koch Media), Tales of Arise (Bandai Namco)
- Best Simulation Game: Climber: Sky is the Limit (Art Games Studio), Farming Simulator 22 (Astragon Entertainment), ‘Unannounced Game’
- Best Sports Game: Climber: Sky is the Limit (Art Games Studio), FIFA 22 (EA Sports) and Riders Republic (Ubisoft).
- Best Strategy Game: Age of Empires IV (Microsoft), Company of Heroes 3 (SEGA) and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Ubisoft).
- Best Multiplayer Game: Halo Infinite (Microsoft), Riders Republic (Ubisoft) and The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes (Bandai Namco).
- Best Ever Evolving Game: Apex Legends (Electronic Arts), Black Desert Online (Pearl Abyss Corp) and Endzone – A World Apart: Prosperity (Assemble Entertainment)
- Most original game: Dice Legacy (Koch Media / DESTINYbit), Riders Republic (Ubisoft) and tERRORbane (Whisper Interactive).
- Best Announcement: All Partner Announcements, Presentations, and Debuts participating in Opening Night Live are eligible
- Best Catalog: All Gamescom partners participating in the awards are candidates
- Best Gamescom Game: All genre and platform category winners are eligible to win the Best of Gamescom award
- Best Trailer: All partner trailers shown at Opening Night Live are candidates
These awards will be presented during the ‘Spielesause’ show on Sunday, August 29:
- Best Streamer: Select Streamers and Content Creators Can Be Voted Online
- User ‘Most Desired’ Award: Nominees in all categories by gender and platform are candidates for online voting
- Heart of Gaming Award: Any outstanding element of the Gamescom is eligible for the award: not only games, expansions and technologies but also people, organizations, companies, concepts, expressions.