This guide will help you to remove watermark from photos with Photoshop and other tools easily. Surely more than once you have come across a photo that you liked a lot, but that you could not take advantage of because it had a watermark, which made it impossible for that image to look good in the place you had planned it to be. Well, we are going to show you how you can remove watermarks that come in some snapshots with Photoshop.
Photoshop is the quintessential photo editing program. It has so many functions, options and possibilities that it is quite complicated software in many of its facets, and although in this specific case, the system it has to remove watermarks is quite simple, it is true that it is not that we are before a precisely intuitive tool and that is why a little help is needed.
What is a watermark?
Before starting to explain how to remove a watermark, it would be useful to know what it is. A watermark (watermark) consists of the incorporation in an image of a text or logo as information by way of restriction of said photo.
Watermarks are often used to mark ownership of a photo and are often translucent. These marks are used so that anyone can see who it belongs to or other restrictive information, which also implies that the photo will always have these letters that make the snapshot worse.
What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is the most popular image and photography editing tool, a program that is used to make all kinds of retouching to photos and even make montages, which can be from a basic level to the most professional level that you can think of.
This program will serve us for everything that occurs to us regarding a photograph, since its editing capacity is immense and when working with bitmaps and in any type of image format, its ability to modulate, manipulate, modify, edit or retouch any type of image is really high.
For all the capabilities that we have just told you, it is the most used and extended program for photographic retouching not only at a professional level, but also at a particular level, since it has an excellent adaptation to all levels of the user, from the most expert to the most basic.
How to remove watermarks with Photoshop?
Although it may seem at first glance that removing the watermark from a photo is complicated, the truth is that it can be one of the easiest options that this program currently has. We just have to follow these simple steps:
- We open the image by accessing the File menu and then clicking Open.
- Now we must select the image with the watermark that we want to remove.
- We must look at the left part of the program where we have many tools that we can use. We are going to locate the Lasso, whose drawing is a circle that wants to emulate precisely that, a lasso.
- If we right-click on this icon, we will have three options to choose from, such as Lasso Tool, Polygonal Lasso and Magnetic Lasso. In our case we must have the Lasso Tool checked.
- Once selected, we must go to the photo and surround, continuously pressing with the mouse, the watermark or part of it, so that it appears within a series of flashing lines.
- Now that the part we want to remove is marked, it is time to go to the Edit menu and then click on Fill
- In the window that now appears, we must have everything as follows:
- Content : According to content
- Options : with the Color Adaptation tab active.
- Fusion : Normal
- Finally, in Opacity, if we want it to disappear completely we must put 100%, but if in any case we need it to be seen a little, this number should be lower. Here it is up to the choice of each one.
As you may have experienced, if we set the opacity to 100%, the watermark will disappear completely, leaving the entire image completely clean and ready for us to use it as best suits us.
Online tools to remove watermarks
If you do not want to use Photoshop or you do not have the possibility to use it, there are several websites where we can perform the same function using only our browser, so they can become extremely practical for this purpose.
This is a tool that allows us to remove objects from photos, not just watermarks. It has a very simple interface to use and removing the watermarks will not be any kind of problem with this online tool. The steps to follow are very simple and any type of person, no matter how knowledgeable they are in photo editing, can use it.
- The first thing we have to do is go to Inpaint. Once inside we must click on Upload Image (it must be in JPG or PNG format ) and it will immediately take us to the tool’s editing menu.
- After that, we will see that we get a series of icons on the left side of the screen from which we must select the one that is a drawing of a Lasso (as in Photoshop).
- Now we select what we want to delete with the Lasso function active.
- At this moment and once marked, we will see that everything selected is put in red.
- All that remains is to mark, Delete at the top. After a few seconds, we will see how it has very effectively erased what we have marked.
- In order for us to have this photo on our computer, we only have to click on Download (upper right) and that’s it.
This is an online photo editor that accepts to work with a lot of formats such as JPEF, PNG, SVG, PXD and many more, even with Photoshop PSDs. It is surprising how powerful this editor is to work everything online and, of course, we can erase watermarks.
- The first thing is to open Pixlr to then click on Open Image and select those that we want.
- Then we must click on Retouching to immediately click on Clone Stamp.
- Now we click on the watermark and drag the mouse to erase it.
- When we have the photo as we want, click on Save. At this time we can establish what will be the quality, format and size of the resulting photo.
- All that remains is to click on Download and that way we will already have said photo on our computer.
In Technoeager | How to check WiFi signal strength in Windows 10