After months in developer preview and beta versions, Android 11 is finally official with many features and characteristics. Google has released the latest version of its mobile operating system full of news. And although only some smartphones will be able to update from day one, this time it is not limited only to the brand’s Pixels. Android 11 has begun to arrive in the last hours to the first devices, after Google officially announced it. It is a stable version that finally comes after polishing characteristics in four versions developer preview and three beta versions . Let’s see what’s new and how to install it.
The most relevant changes in Android 11
The truth is that during the preliminary versions we have been able to see the main novelties that Android 11 has introduced. After so many versions of the operating system and for so long between us, little else can be innovated. It is something that we have seen in recent years on both Android and iOS, the new versions do not bring great changes and focus on polishing functions . It is what more or less happens with Android 11, of which we already saw its initial novelties.
These are its main novelties:
- Notification improvements: Notifications that are from conversations in messaging apps now have a dedicated space and can be prioritized or managed directly from this section.
- Controls in home automation: From the off menu you can now control the devices connected by Google Home. These controls will be found next to the bank cards and the off, reset and emergency buttons.
- Bubbles for messaging apps In order not to have to always return to a messaging app when someone writes to us, we can maintain a kind of floating bubble with the icon of that person that will be present throughout the operating system and not only in the app itself. concrete.
- Granular permissions for apps: Especially focused on privacy. Apps can now have permission only once or only when they are being used to access certain functions such as location.
- Android Auto wirelessly: From Android 11, if the vehicle is compatible, Android Auto can be used and linked to the phone without having to connect it by cable.
- Screen recording: Android 11 officially allows screen recording. The functionality is in the quick system settings.
Android 11 has begun to arrive in the last hours to the first devices, after Google officially announced it . It is a stable version that finally comes after polishing characteristics in four versions developer preview and three beta versions . Let’s see what’s new and how to install it.
What devices can be updated and how to do it
A few months ago the list of devices compatible with Android 11 was confirmed . Years ago, the only devices that were updated to Android from day one were Google’s own (Nexus or Pixel). This has changed lately and with Android 11 we see it again, there are more smartphones that can be updated from today to Android 11. These are the official ones by manufacturer:
- Google: Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4
- OnePlus: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, Poco F2 Pro
- OPPO: OPPO Find X2, OPPO Find X2 Pro, OPPO Reno3 4G, OPPO Reno3 Pro 4G
- Realme: Realme X50 Pro
Upgrading the smartphone’s operating system to Android 11 is relatively easy. If it is one of the compatible devices, you just have to go to the system settings and look for the update. It usually appears in Settings> System> Advanced> System update> Check for updates . If it does not appear yet, it will probably do so in the next few hours or days, since these types of updates are normally deployed gradually.
And for the rest of mobiles? We will have to wait for each manufacturer to launch their update with more features dates to Android 11 as in its beta version. And, above all, see which mobiles decide to update to the latest version.
Also Read: iPhone copied Android features