As with many of the functions that come integrated into operating systems, the Windows 10 notification center (or Activity Center, which is its real name) in Windows 10 may be one of those functions that we want to deactivate if for whatever reason it works for us. annoying.
Disable Windows 10 notification center from Windows Registry
To hide the notification center you must:
- Go to the search engine on the start bar, and type “regedit” and start the application to open the Windows Registry. You can also invoke it with the Windows + R shortcut and by typing regedit and running.
- Search for “HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Explorer” with Ctrl + F.
- In case it is not there, you must right click on the Windows folder (or key), which you will find by following the upper path until before Explorer and create a new key, with a right button on the Windows folder / key, until selecting: * New -> Key. This new password will be named “Explorer”.
- Once you have the generated key, you must create the configuration to remove the notification center. For that you select “Explorer”, and right click on the right section of the window and select New -> DWORD value (32 bit) , which will have ” DisableNotificationCenter ” by name.
- Once created, you will double click on it, and where it says “Value information”, you will change the 0 to 1.
- Restart the computer.
- If you want to recover the news center, you will simply have to put a zero where there is a one, and restart again.
On the other hand, it is important to keep in mind that this will not remove the notifications that appear on the right of the screen. To deactivate that you must go to Settings / System / Notifications and Actions, and deactivate the notifications you want.