FIFA 21, GTA V and FIFA 20 were the 3 best-selling games in Europe of all 2020

EA Sports football simulation Fifa 21 has become the highest selling game although, coronavirus pandemic boosted the video game industry figures throughout 2020, something that becomes clear when we review the figures for the full year. According to a recent report by the European Interactive Software Federation (ISFE) and the European Game Developers Federation (EGDF), which they share on the Games Industry, the video game sector generated more than 23 billion euros in Europe in 2020 . All this, with a very common name at the top of the lists: FIFA 21 .

These 23,300 million euros represent a growth of 22% with respect to 2019 , which makes more than evident the impulse of the pandemic to sales. To contrast, the growth data in 2019 was only 3% and 2020 was also a year of generational transition. Of these 23.3 billion euros, 44% come from consoles , while mobiles account for 40% of the market. Computers, as a platform, contributed 14% of revenue, and less than 2% corresponds to streaming services, such as Stadia . Despite this, streaming revenues have grown by 16.5% compared to 2019.

Regarding the physical-digital distribution, the physical format accounted for only 20% of the revenues. The remaining 80% is distributed between sales of digital games (40%) and in-game purchases and micropayments (40%) . For its part, outside of these sales, the European esports sector grew to a valuation of one billion euros, and its audience data reached 474 million viewers , with an even distribution between the occasional public and fans of the competitions.

We went from data to video games, where, as we mentioned, FIFA 21 was the best-selling game of all of 2020 in Europe, to no one’s surprise. And to the surprise of even fewer people, the second best-selling game was Grand Theft Auto V , followed by FIFA 20. In fact, these first two titles are on track to repeat their achievement, as they were the two best-selling games of the first half. from 2021 . That, if not prevented by the next installment of the EA saga. In this article we offer you our impressions of FIFA 22 next gen , and without further ado, here are the 9 best-selling games of 2020 in Europe.

Best-selling games in Europe 2020

  • FIFA 21 (Electronic Arts)
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
  • FIFA 20 (Electronic Arts)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision Blizzard)
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons (Nintendo)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (Ubisoft)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)

Leave a Reply