When choosing an operating system for our computer, in most cases some version of Microsoft’s Windows. However, what we should also know is that we have several different editions to choose from.
The most common in this case are the Home , Pro or Enterprise edition, but that does not mean that they are the only ones. Those who wish to have official support from the firm longer in time, opt for the LTSC edition. It should be mentioned first of all that this offers us 5 years of updates for our equipment.
We tell you all this because Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 has just been launched. That is why it is now available for download and installation with interesting news. It is worth mentioning that this new version is based on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, although its characteristics are equivalent to those of version 21H2 recently sent by Microsoft.
In this way we can have an operating system with a life cycle much higher than usual. This means that we will have five years of support . Thus, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 will receive support until next year 2026 by Microsoft.
And not only that, since after installing this new version of which we are talking about the operating system, we will be able to benefit from the new functions that it integrates. To give you an idea of everything we are talking about, below, we are going to tell you the most important news that you can find in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021.
What’s new available in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
It is Microsoft itself that has released these new functions that it has integrated into this particular edition of the operating system. We are going to list the most outstanding ones below:
- System Guard feature enhancements for SMM firmware protection.
- The security application now includes protection history such as folder access locks, or Windows Defender offline scan actions.
- Bitlocker and Mobile Device Management in Azure Active Directory will have better password protection thanks to the key-rolling function.
- New functions available for the operating system firewall.
- An integrated Internet Protocol or IPsec security system has been integrated so that network communications are authenticated end-to-end.
- Firewall event logs have also been improved. .
- Extended protection against ransomware, credential misuse, and eternal storage attacks is here.
- Improved support for non-ASCII file paths is included.
- We will have an Application Guard extension for Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Dynamic navigation support from Application Guard for Edge.
- Passwordless login for Microsoft accounts.
- Windows Hello for Business now supports Azure Hybrid Active Directory.
- Support for virtualization- based security has been added to ensure biometric authentication.
- Support for using multiple cameras to access the operating system.
- New notification icon when applications use the microphone.
All these novelties that we comment on, both related to security and the functionality of Windows 10, are now available for download and installation.