PlayStation seeks to ‘enhance your gaming and social experience’ alongside the messaging service for gamers.
Discord ‘s arrival on PlayStation has been marked by a tug-of-war that started last year and also included Microsoft, after an attempt to acquire the firm. Finally, the popular communication service among the gaming community arrived in the United States on both PlayStation 4 and Sony’s new generation, with the promise of landing in more countries in the future.
It has been confirmed that PS5 and PS4 users can now link their PlayStation Network account with that of Discord. At the moment we still do not have the application to integrate Discord, however, linking our accounts will allow us to share our status and activities with other Discord users, as well as PSN online ID, games and the time we have been playing them..
From PlayStation they have shared the way to link our accounts:
- Open the Discord app on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, or on the web.
- Go to User Settings > Connections > Add and select the PlayStation logo.
- In the next window, sign in with your PSN login ID and password and confirm that you want to connect the accounts.
- Once connected, in Discord you will be able to show your Online ID in your profile and PlayStation Network as your status.
- This feature is not available on PlayStation Network child accounts.
- Please note that you need to set your Online Status and PSN Now Playing privacy settings to Everyone for your online status to be visible on Discord.
Please note that if you set ‘offline‘ as your PSN status, it will not be shown in Discord either, just like hidden game settings will also be reflected in Discord. If you finally decide to unlink Discord from PlayStation Network, you will have to go to the PSN settings to perform the operation:
- Go to Account Management.
- Go to Other Settings > Account Linking.
- Choose Discord to unlink your PSN account.