CD Projekt Red kept its word and, as announced, released the promised Cyberpunk 2077 patch notes 1.1 for the controversial action role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 (test) within ten days of the presentation of the new roadmap for 2021 . The studio sees the update as the foundation for future improvements to the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch notes 1.1 corrects bugs on all platforms
The Polish development studio improves in all relevant areas such as the stability and the graphics, the user interface, the quests and the open world as well as the successes and with Patch 1.1 fixes numerous bugs on the PC and the game consoles as well as with the cloud gaming service Stadia from Google.
This update forms the necessary foundation for upcoming patches. We primarily focused on stabilizing the game and fixing bugs. We will continue this work in Patch 1.2 and in further updates.
CD Projekt Red promised to continue to listen to player feedback and to fix reported problems “to improve the gaming experience in general “. However, the development studio has not yet given any more specific examples of how to proceed or upcoming patches.
No improvements to the less intelligent AI
So far, by far not all points of criticism have been addressed by the developers. The often criticized AI of the residents, adversaries and police officers in Night City, who often interact with little “intelligent” with each other, with the main protagonist and their own environment, has not yet been optimized and players have also been looking for performance optimizations so far vain.
CD Projekt Red focuses on the Cyberpunk 2077 Patch quests
We start with the bug fixes and optimizations in the official Cyberpunk 2077 patch release notes, which are supposed to bring improvements on all platforms and which mostly fall in the area of quests and open world.
- Various stability improvements including:
- Improved memory usage in various sub-systems of the game – characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (TV, commercials, news), leaves, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, road traffic, the environmental damage system, graphics card-related and more.
- Various problems that led to crashes have been fixed (including loading saves, starting and exiting the game and the last possible save point [Point of No Return]).
Cyberpunk 2077 patch Quests / Open World
- Fixed the issue where calls from Delamain in Epistrophy would end instantly and could not be answered.
- Fixed the issue where players in Epistrophy would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching the respective vehicle.
- Fixed the issue where the objective in M’ap Tann Pelen would get stuck on “Answer Mr. Hands’ call”.
- Fixed the issue where Judy was teleported underground in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to speak to the Zen Master in Poem of the Atoms.
- Fixed the issue where Takemura would not call Down on the Street.
- Fixed the issue where Jackie could disappear into The Delivery.
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Great Race.
- Fixed a bug where players could no longer receive messages and calls if they got too far from the quest area in A Day in the Life.
- Fixed a bug where Space Oddity would not update after opening the package.
- The game saves were retrospectively fixed, where a rare problem resulted in the fact that you couldn’t talk to Judy in Automatic Love because of an invisible wall. We are currently investigating the actual reason for this error.
- Fixed the issue where players could not collect their reward for the Freedom of the Press mission. Players who were unable to collect the reward will now automatically complete the quest and receive the reward automatically.
- Fixed a bug where Delamain would not say anything during the entire Epistrophy quest if players initially refused to help him.
- A bug has been fixed where the prompt to leave the braindance was missing.
- An invalid item was removed as loot.
- Fixed the issue where the trajectory of a grenade was displayed in photo mode.
- Fixed the issue where particles would look pink up close.
- Fixed the issue where cars would not appear correctly in Crime Report: Welcome to Night City.
- Fixed the issue where the achievement Little Man – What Now? sometimes not unlocked after completing all missions and NCPD scanner offenses in Santo Domingo.
- The reason for the excessive size of saves was removed (this was related to the modifier that indicated whether an item was self-made) and already existing saves were reduced. (Note: PC saves that were damaged prior to the 1.06 update will not be repaired.)
- Fixed a bug where inputs were no longer recognized after opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
- Fixed a bug where the “Continue” option in the main menu could load a save in the finale.
In addition, the developers have also fixed platform-specific bugs on the PC, the PlayStation 5 (test), PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S as well as the Google Stadia streaming service. Only the current Xbox Series X and Series S (test) are not explicitly listed.
Crowd performance optimization on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5. Various crash issues on PlayStation 4 have been fixed.
- Improved memory usage for character creation, mirroring, scanning, remote control of cameras and menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
- It is now possible to unlock achievements in Steam’s offline mode. Note: To do this, offline mode must be activated before starting the game. This does not work retrospectively.
- A bug has been addressed where loading the cache on NVIDIA graphics cards could crash when starting the game.
- The sound of the concert in Never Fade Away should be heard now.
- Fixed damaged textures on several melee weapons.
- The default settings for the zero zone have been adjusted and are now more responsive.
Players tend to react cautiously
The reactions of the players in the official forum to the Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.1 are quite mixed, some had expected more from the first major update after patch 1.05 and 1.06. Patch 1.1 is available for download for all platforms and the editors are looking forward to the experiences of the community from this forum.